Sunday, August 2, 2015

The County Fair!

There are so many things I love about summer time. Homemade ice cream, warm weather, not having to bundle up to go outside, summer fruits...and of course the fair!

The county fair is a yearly excuse to eat all of the junk food I can take in. I also enjoy seeing what creative people have been up to in the "home arts" exhibits. There was an amazing display of quilts..
 

How I missed getting a picture of the quilt that won the grand prize is beyond me. Too much excitement I guess. It was a beautiful appliqued floral design. I've decided that I'm going to enter a quilt next year. Maybe I'll win a ribbon!?!

Look at this adorable goat wool rug..!


And then there's the livestock. So many gorgeous animals to look at. Plus, it's fun to talk with the young 4-H kids there about their animals. They're so sweet and friendly...and they can teach you a lot!

With the day beginning to wind down the goats were able to socialize amongst themselves. I think they're checking in with each other about how the day went...


Ahh...we have a winner!!


This sweet baby calf was hungry, but luckily her mamma was right there with her..


I don't know what I enjoy more...the greasy fried snacks, the fiber arts or the animals. Luckily I don't have to choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment