Sunday, July 5, 2015

Vintage Figurine Tassels

A while back I found some cute figurines at a vintage store that I frequent in Healdsburg, CA.
I wasn't sure what I was going to do with them, but I knew I had to get them while the getting was good!! About a year later, they've been transformed into these cute tassels!

A sweet, little Christmas Angel:





And Marie Antoinette and her pal Louis XVI:




I used a very small drill bit designed for ceramic to drill indentations into the back of Louis and Marie's heads. It made just enough of space for me to embed the string tie with some E6000 glue. I was able to drill all the way through the Christmas angels head, so I threaded the tie in though the opening at the bottom of the figurine. The drilling was a lot harder than I thought it would be.

I made the tassels out of small strips of cotton fabrics which were then rolled together into a piece of masking tape. I stuffed them into the bottom of the figurines and glued them into place.

I just love how they turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment